CO2 Snow JetEver-increasing demands regarding the cleanliness of component surfaces call for increasingly effective cleaning methods. With its innovative dry cleaning technology using a jet of CO2 snow, acp systems AG has developed an inline process that is capable of removing particulate and filmy contamination (e.g. dust, ablation residues, flitter, flux residues, smoke residues from laser processes, oils, fingerprints, cutting emulsions, polishing paste, etc.) from almost any material in a gentle but effective manner. The process can be used not only to clean large surface areas but also to selectively remove contamination from very small defined functional areas with the highest cleanliness requirements. Whether for use in connection with painting plastics, manufacturing precision mechatronic products, in electronics or the semiconductor or optical industry, in order to achieve high-quality results in coating, painting, joining or other processes, surfaces need to be free of particles, oils and grease.
CO2 snow cleaning quattroClean™ technology dry - residue free - selective - environmentally friendly
The patented CO2 snowjet technology cleans sensitive component areas using a dry, environmentally friendly, residue free process. By utilizing a supersonic cleaning jet, optimum cleaning results can be achieved with minimum consumption of CO2. These features, as well as the possibility of direct supply with liquid CO2, qualify the process especially for automated applications. The solutions offered are versatile and range from CO2 mobile cleaning systems such as the JetWorker to ready-to-install CO2 cleaning modules and fully automated production platforms.
CO2 snow cleaning functional principles
- Dissolving of filmy residues (solvent-free)
- Rinsing (increase in volume of approx. 500x during sublimation)
- Embrittlement of the contamination through rapid cooling
- Detachment due to the transmitted forces of pressure and shearing
To our products:
automation Optimal automated solutions and production systems
Together with the option of a direct supply of liquid CO2, these features make the process especially suitable for automated applications. We offer a wide variety of solutions, ranging from portable cleaning systems, such as the JetWorker, through ready-assembled cleaning modules, right up to fully-automated production platforms.
- Both manually usable and highly automated and can be integrated into production (Industrie 4.0)
- Individual extension of existing lines
- Flexibly adaptable to customer wishes and requirements (application, location, process)
- Robotics with image processing systems
- Small parts handling and easy assembly
- Handling and application of foils and flexible parts
To our products: